You do not need CALs for:
- any of your servers already licensed to run instances of the server software (i.e. for licensed server to access another licensed server);
- up to two devices or users to access your instances of the server software only to administer those instances;
- any instance running in a physical operating system environment used solely to:
- run hardware virtualization software;
- provide hardware virtualization services;
- run software to manage and service operating system environments on the licensed server.
- any user or device that accesses a Web Workload or HPC Workload.